Lost important data on your Android phone as a result of accidental deletion, failed file transfer, or other data loss scenarios? Fortunately, recovering files from an Android device using your Mac is possible with the right tools. In this guide, we list down our top 7 best software solutions for Android data recovery on Mac.
What Makes an Android Data Recovery Tool Good Enough to Be on Our List?
There are various software tools that you can use to recover data on Android. Each with its own features, capabilities, and pricing. Overwhelmed? Don’t be! We chose our list of the ten best tools based on the following factors:
- ⚙️ Compatibility. When picking an Android data recovery tool for Mac, you’ll need to find one that’s compatible with the latest Android OS version. It must also support your macOS and various brands of Android devices, especially the popular ones like Samsung, Xiaomi, and Google.
- 📄 File Support. Lost data can come in multiple formats. It’s better to pick a tool that supports as many file formats as possible to recover them with ease.
- 👶 Ease of Use. A lot of Android data recovery tools claim to be effective, but find one that’s beginner-friendly. This will ensure less hassle and time spent trying to figure out how to use it.
- 💸 Affordability. It’s always better to choose an Android recovery software tool that’s worth your money. Test them out first using their free trials, and then pay for the service you think is worth your money.
- ☎️ Updates and Customer Support. Once subscribed to their premium service, great Android data recovery tools give constant software updates and have an active customer support system.
Top 7 Best Tools for Android Data Recovery on Mac
1. Disk Drill for Mac
Disk Drill is one of the few Android data recovery software tools that can retrieve data directly from the device’s internal memory or SD card. It uses advanced data recovery algorithms and supports a variety of Android device brands. Compared to other tools, Disk Drill has the most number of features, capable of recovering your data with just a few clicks.
Disk Drill for Mac is one of the premier data recovery tools that you can use for Android data recovery for Mac. Before proceeding to data recovery, Disk Drill needs a rooted device to be able to access and scan it.
It is beginner-friendly and can recover files from pre-installed apps, including your device’s contacts, messages, gallery, documents, and much more. You can also use it to recover files from your phone’s SD card.
- Affordable price
- Supports various Android device brands
- Supports the latest Android OS 12 and older
- Runs on macOS X Mountain Lion and later
- Previews scanned files before recovering
- Supports up to 400+ file formats
- Frequent software updates
- High data recovery success rate
- Doesn’t show the file’s quality in the results
- Your device needs to be rooted before the device can be scanned.
2. FoneLab Android Data Recovery
FoneLab’s Android data recovery tool is a powerful and easy-to-use software solution that can recover deleted or lost data from an Android phone, SD card, or SIM card. It can also retrieve your phone’s deleted contacts, messages, call logs, documents, and much more within minutes.
FoneLab Android Data Recovery is a great software tool that can recover your device’s lost files on Mac. It has three main data recovery methods to choose from. The first is from an Android phone, the next is from an SD Card, and the last is from a SIM Card.
FoneLab supports and can recover major file types from your Android phone in case it suffers from a system crash, malware attack, rooting errors, and other data loss situations. However, it doesn’t have as many features as other data recovery software tools, and it is quite expensive.
- Various recovery methods
- Supports data recovery for different Android phone brands
- Recoverable files can be previewed
- Supports Android OS 4.0 and greater
- Supports major file formats
- Data recovery reportedly fails due to unknown errors
- Expensive compared to other premium data recovery software tools
3. iMobie PhoneRescue®
Another Android data recovery tool that you can use on Mac is iMobie PhoneRescue®. This convenient software tool recovers data from Android phones in any data loss situation, without root access.
iMobie PhoneRescue® is a serviceable Android data recovery tool that recovers your Android phone’s lost files. Similar to other tools, it can recover your phone’s contacts, photos, audio, messages, and other app data.
The tool also supports all major Android smartphone brands, including Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Sony and LG, and can retrieve data without backup. However, it has a slow recovery process compared to other tools.
- Various recovery methods
- Supports various file formats
- Previews recoverable files
- Supports the latest Android OS 12.0 and older
- Effective data recovery methods
- Takes time to complete a full scan
4. Tenorshare UltData for Android
Tenorshare UltData for Android is among the data recovery tools that support most Android phones, including the latest models. It can recover data from your Android device without root access and performs effective data recovery methods at a fast rate.
Tenorshare UltData for Android is one of the few Android data recovery tools that can perform data recovery on your Android phone without rooting your device.
It claims to recover messages from popular messaging apps like WhatsApp and WeChat, and can recover files from various Android smartphone brands. It even supports the latest Android 12. However, users have complained that the customer support is unresponsive.
- Has photo enhancement feature after recovery
- Previews recoverable files
- Supports Android OS 12.0 and older
- Runs on macOS X Mountain Lion and greater
- Recovers data from Android phones without root access
- Poor user reviews
- Unresponsive customer support
5. Wondershare Dr. Fone
Wondershare Dr. Fone is a versatile data recovery tool that you can use on Mac. It’s compatible with 6000+ Android devices and can retrieve data from any data loss situation, like system crashes, water damage, and corrupted backups.
Wondershare Dr. Fone is an app that’s designed for data recovery and management on Android devices. It claims to have the highest data recovery success rate compared to its competitors and supports up to 6000+ Android devices.
Although it is a user-friendly app, some users claimed to have experienced errors in the data recovery process. It’s also one of the most expensive data recovery services since each toolkit has its own price.
- Supports various file formats
- Can recover files from broken Samsung phones and tablets
- Supports devices that are running Android OS 2.1 and greater
- Unexpected errors show up during the data recovery process
- Can get expensive when accessing all features
6. FonePaw Android Data Recovery
FonePaw Android Data Recovery boasts an easy, efficient, and effortless way of retrieving deleted data from your Android device. Within seconds, it scans your device for recoverable files. It’s easy to use, requiring little to no technical skills.
Another effective tool for Android data recovery on Mac is FonePaw Android Data Recovery. Besides being an easy to use app, it supports file recovery for your phone’s important files, like contacts, photos, videos, text messages, audio files and much more.
The tool also has advanced data recovery features, like choosing between a Quick or Deep Scan, previewing recoverable files, and selective or partial recovery. It’s compatible with all major Android smartphone brands and supports the latest Android OS 12.
- Can recover files from various data loss situations
- Recovers data using three quick recovery modes
- Supports 100+ file types
- Compatible with various Android device brands
- Supports Android OS 12 and lower
- Can run on MacOS X 10.7 or greater
- Has trouble recovering larger files
- Cannot scan folders individually
- Only supports full scan on Android devices
7. Jihosoft Android Data Recovery
A tool that follows a three-step data retrieval process is Jihosoft Android Data Recovery. It mainly recovers important data from your phone, regardless of how your data was lost.
If you’re looking for a decent solution for Android data recovery on Mac, you can try using Jihosoft Android Data Recovery. It can recover your phone’s important files and supports all major Android smartphone brands.
However, it uses subpar data recovery methods, which doesn’t yield a high data recovery rate compared to other software tools, and it doesn’t support newer Android devices.
- Beginner-friendly user interface
- Effective in recovering data from messaging apps like WhatsApp, WeChat, and built-in SMS apps
- Supports 6000+ Android phones and tablets
- Runs on MacOS X 10.7 or greate
- Does not support newer Android devices
- Ineffective data recovery algorithms compared to other tools
- Does not support data recovery for unrooted Android devices
If your device is still operational despite being physically broken, you can use a trusted Android data recovery software tool such as Disk Drill. You may also opt for one that specializes in recovering data from broken Android devices, like iSkysoft and Dr. Fone.
However, if the device is severely broken that you can no longer access it, you’re better off taking it to a professional data recovery service near your area.
Even if you try to keep your files safe, data loss is an inevitable thing that can happen to anyone. Luckily, several software solutions are available that can recover lost data. For your convenience, we narrowed down the best Mac software tools that you can use to recover data from your Android device. Hopefully, this guide can help you pick out the best Android data recovery tool using a Mac computer.